A hearty soup is my favourite kind! This recipe is exactly that and it’s all around satisfying.
This Carrot & Kale Chicken Soup is a hearty and healthy “meal soup” as it provides you with protein, vegetables and carbohydrates all in one spoon full.
Just so you know, I’m uber late on the kale bandwagon for some reason, which is clearly unknown as I do enjoy the leafy green very much so.
However, I’m proud to announce that I’ve embraced it into my life..whole-heartily!! Its very flavour packed and contains numerous health benefits, some of which are detoxification properties, reducing the risk of cancer and it also has anti-inflammatory ingredients – just to name a few.
Please enjoy this recipe…there is no way you can’t!
* * *
ALL YOU NEED:
2cups of Kale
1/2 Red onion
3 Garlic cloves
1 cup Shredded chicken
1 Chicken Bouillon
1tbs Chilli flakes
5 Cups water
2 Bay leaves
Chicken Bones – - for extra flavour ( I used a leftover chicken carcass from a roast chicken I made a couple days before)
1. Sautee the chicken bones/carcass in olive oil and add the carrots, onion, garlic, potatoes, bouillon, bay leaves, chilli flakes and s&p for 10-15min to release flavour.
2. Cover with water and simmer on medium-low heat for 30-45min.
3. Remove the bones/carcuss and bay leaves.
4. Strain the liquid from the vegetables and place them into a food processor with half cup of the soup broth and blend until smooth.
5. Place the mashed vegetables back into the pot with the broth and add the shredded chicken and kale.
6. Cook for 15min until the kale is wilted. Serve and eat!!!