This is surprisingly the first time I’ve made home-made pizza dough and I will never buy pre-made again!!
It’ is a tad messy but that is what’s so fun about this recipe.
Not only is it fresh home-made dough but you can customize the recipe by adding your favourite spices & herbs.
Today, I incorporated dry mixed Italian herbs which consists of thyme, sweet basil, marjoram, oregano and sage.
The only thing is that it that you must let the dough rise for at least an hour, however it is definitely worth the wait.
You can even pre-make the dough a day or two ahead of time and/or freeze it. How wonderful is that?
Last but not least, this recipe can be used for pizza dough or focaccia bread…YUM!
* * *
ALL YOU NEED:
3Cup All-purpose flour (or bread flour)
1Pouch/8g Intant yeast (I used the brand Fleischmann’s)
1Cup Warm water
3tbs Extra virgin olive oil
2tbs Sea salt
1tbs Fresh black pepper
2tbs Dry Italian herbs
1. Start with a dry & clean surface. Pour the pouch of instant yeast into the warm water and let sit for 5 min.
2. Place the flour onto the CLEAN work surface with 2tbs of olive oil, salt, pepper and dried herbs.and slowly incorporate the yeast water.
3. Start kneading until the dough does not stick to your hands. Add more water or flour if needed (Tbs at a time).
4. Place in a well oiled bowl and drizzle with 1tbs of the remaining oil. Cover with a clean cloth or plastic wrap for approximately 1hr until the dough doubles in size.
5. Once the dough rises, knead it a bit more and then roll out as thin as you would like.
6. Cook with or without toppings at 350 degrees for approximately 20min or until golden brown and cooked throughout.